Fawkes Phoenix Philosophy

To say that I don't miss the rat race would be hypocritical.  Of course, I miss the insanely competitive dog-eat-dog world.  I miss being threatened, backstabbed, and dragged kicking and screaming into office politics.  I miss all that color.  All that texture.

(I'm not even kidding.  Stress is a f*ck buddy.)

Now there's a setback to that sentiment though.  You see, I'm the kind of person who moves on severely.  I don't just burn bridges.  I burn pasts.  It's my inherent Fawkes Phoenix philosophy.  From the ashes of the past shall be rebirth.  Don't live in the past, live for the future.  Memories are just extra baggage that will slow you down.  There's a reason why things from your past don't make it to your future.

Downside:  Burning bridges means burning connections.  If ever --huge emphasis on IF-- I decide to go back to the manic fold, I will have to start over.  That's a lot of work and that's ok with me.  I don't subscribe to repair in despair.  In any case, I still try to choose my acts of arson properly.  There would be wrong decisions and regrets along the way, but I move on from those, too. 

Sounds cold?  Probably.  But it's the kind of philosophy that fuels me.  Rebirth after rebirth.  One reinvention after another.  Reconstructing your life is always better and easier than picking up the little broken pieces armed with nothing more than depression and super glue.

Plus, I do love that metaphorical image of walking away from an exploding edifice...
No looking back...
Unflinching while burning debris flew about me...

In slow-mo.

That one, that's my Action Star complex.


Comments

Popular Posts